Published May 1, 2019 | Updated October 30, 2020
Financing isn’t just a payment method, especially for customers looking for an affordable way to get equipped during a time of unprecedented budget challenges. Here are 5 tough sales problems financing can help you solve over the entire sales cycle.
- Sticker shock. Total price can speak louder than total value. Selling with payments instead of price makes it easier for customers to focus on value for money.
- Fading relationships. You’re top of mind with customers during the sale. But what about after? Financing with customized invoice messages gives you a monthly opportunity to refresh the relationship.
- Wandering customers. Who will your customers go to when it’s time to replace equipment? Financing gives you a built-in opportunity to make a repeat sale at the end of the term.
- Lost upsells. How often do customers wish for add-ons but don’t act on it? Financing lowers the barrier to action by allowing add-ons/upgrades with a quick adjustment to an existing agreement.
- Commoditization. Customers can buy equipment anywhere. But they can get your unique solutions only from you. Financing helps by bundling everything – equipment software, services, and more – with one affordable payment each month.