As the frenzy in the global M&A market continues, office equipment dealers find roll-ups, private equity investment and even LBOs on the rise. Here are a few trends from recent data you might find interesting:
- EBITDA multiples are on the rise. Recent industry data points to a nearly 15% increase in company valuations over the last 18 months
- Dealers with strong service revenues outperform higher-revenue, hardware-first operations
- Second- and third-tier metro dealers have seen higher M&A activity than major metro dealers
- Manufacturer consolidation through acquisition of their independent distributors is at an 11-year high
- Post-acquisition new office expansions are up 71% over 2015 levels
We’d love to know your thoughts about these data points and the general state of office equipment M&A right now.
At LEAF, we help dealer principals maximize the value of their businesses with the LEAF CapitalAlliance™ capabilities. Growth capital, fleet financing, marketing programs, IT integration, and of course our leading customer finance programs all come together in the LEAF CapitalAlliance™ to help dealers like you make the most of an active M&A marketplace.